We hope you will celebrate the 46th year of the Earth Day movement with us!
This year’s global theme revolves around getting closer to its 50th anniversary and planting 7.8 billion trees!
The three major goals of the campaign:
- Mitigating Climate Change and Pollution
- Protecting Biodiversity
- Supporting Communities and their Livelihoods
Are you up to the challenge? Here are a few ways in which you can get involved and start making a change in your area:
- Join Earth Day Network in their effort to plant more trees. Organize a team to plant trees in your neighborhood.
- Urge your local elected officials to make a substantial tree planting commitment by starting a letter-writing campaign or online petition.
- Lead a recycling drive to collect as much plastic, metal, and glass as possible.
- Pick up trash at a local park or beach.
- Create an eco-fair with local green businesses and environmental organizations. Not only will this inform the public of ways they can get involved, but it’s also a fun way to promote local businesses and bring your community together.